The tea field is top dress with N: P: K: 25: 5:5, applied once in a year or split application for sloppy fields.
Two leafs and a bud is recommended for the best cup of tea.
Yes, after giving a notice of at least 30 days and clearing any obligations they may have with the factory
Tea clones varies as per specific tea growing regions (visit tea research institute at Kericho or Kangaita offices)
Pure Kenya tea
- Boil the water to 90 Degres celcius (3-5 minutes).
- Let the water rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tea leaves to the ratio.
Requirements vary for each category of tea value chain stakeholder and are available in https://portal.teaboard.or.ke (IMIS)
All registration certificates/ licenses are valid for 1 financial year, i.e. from 1st July to 30th June of the following year.
To ensure compliance with the law and be involved in stakeholder events/ functions organized and carried out by the tea directorate.
Registration/ licensing fees vary for each category of stakeholder as prescribed in the second schedule of the Crops (Tea Industry) Regulations 2020 (link regulations).
Maximum of ninety (90) days upon receipt of complete set of application documents.
- A trader can get access through the AFA website
- There is a link provided under the dealers menu (IMIS link )
One (1) day upon receipt of complete set of export documents
Tea stakeholders will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Valid license/registration certificate by the Tea Directorate
- Duly filled in Expression of Interest (EOI) form for Mark of origin (link doc)
- Compliance Audit By Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS)
Tea Soko is an online e-commerce platform that seeks to facilitate tea trade worldwide. Tea Soko offers a platform for tea traders to gain access to high quality Kenyan teas directly. It offers capacity to objectively differentiate between teas produced by individual tea producers in Kenya. The platform will ensure a wider participation of buyers from around the world on a 24/7, 365-day basis, thus liberalizing the market. https://teasoko.com/
Tea Directorate facilitate Kenyan exporters to penetrate, diversify into new markets, and consolidate existing markets through trade promotional events. These include: trade missions to priority markets; buyer-seller meets; contact promotion programmes (C.P.P); fairs and exhibitions. The Tea Directorate develops the Annual Promotional Plan (APP) and invites tea stakeholders to participate in the promotional events. The costs of participation are shared between the Tea Directorate and participants. Tea Directorate usually caters for Exhibition space, Stand construction, Publicity and Logistics while the participants pay for Registration, Transportation and Accommodation.
- Go to the MPESA paybill option
- Enter paybill No. 888343
- Enter the applicants name as the Account Number
- Rights Issues
- Prepare a company profile and attach all necessary registration documents like Certificate of Incorporation, PIN Certificate, Tax Compliance Certificate
- Submit the documents to AFA supply chain for verification and registration
- Apply to the Director General AFA attaching the relevant academic certificates
- Attach industrial attachment letter from your institution